Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Finnish Wonder Part 45

"No, this has to go there, so that can go over here." I ordered in a stressful tone.

Liisa grabbed my hand and led me to the French doors leading to the isle outside that I would walk down tomorrow. I heard Val yell from outside as my cue to start walking. My dad grabbed my arm as I walked along side of him in sweat pants and bare feet, nearly tripping twice. If I could barely walk with bare feet, just imagine what could happen in heels and a long dress..I though to myself.

After rehearsal was finally over Val and I took a walk out to the pond about a half a mile through his open yard. I locked my fingers in his tightly and swung our arms back and forth as we walked.

"This is unreal." I whispered as we both sat down in the cold grass next to the glistening pond.

"I know, I can't believe that the wedding is tomorrow. Seems like we just met each other the other day. But then again, it feels like I've known you my whole life." he shook his head.

I looked over at him as he skipped a rock across the still water. "So tell me something." he held my hand in his again. I nodded and set my head on his shoulder, listening to his heart pound, "Hmm?"

"Are you happy, I mean..is this what you really want. I-"

I set my index finger on his big soft lips, "Val...Of course I want this, more then anything I want this. I've wanted this since I was a little girl, I wrote about a guy like you in my diary everyday before I went to bed at night. I guess I was just hoping that maybe, by some stroke of fate, I would find you someday. I don't know what I'd do without you."

I sat back and looked up at the stars shining so brightly in the black night. Val loomed over me with his big, cheesy grin. The one that made my heart skip a beat every time I saw it, ever since the first day we met. "So you found him, what now?" he leaned down to kiss me.

"Well, obviously we get married." I laughed.

"Check." Val smirked.

"And we've got a family on the way.." I pondered.

"Check." he ran his hand across my stomach lightly.

"House.."

"Check."

"Well it looks like we've got it all then." I leaned up and kissed him.

"So tomorrow, you'll be Mrs. Morgan Filppula, and I'll be the happiest man alive."

I laughed and pushed him off of me, "Yeah, that's true." I shivered from the cold wind. He wrapped his muscular arms around me again, "We better get inside, it's getting chilly out here."

I shot up from the ground quickly, "Bet you can't beat me." I took off running to the house full speed, "Last one in feeds the dogs for the night!" "Hey!" I could hear him about twenty feet behind me, gaining speed. I reached the door first, then Val came about ten seconds later.

I twisted the handle, but the door wouldn't budge, "Uh oh" I laughed, out of breath.

"What?" he twisted the door handle himself. "Well I think we've been locked out." he stated the obvious.

I crossed my arms across my chest, "Ya think?"

"Stay here, I'll go check the other doors." I sat on the railing of the porch as I was waiting, humming to myself. Val came running around the corner about five minutes later, shrugging his shoulders, "No luck."

"Hmph.." I looked at the huge, white house, raising my eyebrows. "Follow me." I grabbed his warm hand and pulled him behind me to the railing at the end of the porch. He pushed me up onto the steep roofing that led to the window of his bedroom. I watched as he climbed through first, then pulled me into his arms, hugging me tightly.

"So..I'm marrying a burglar?" he laughed as he wrapped me up in a big fleece blanket from his bed. "Haha..The four of us would be frozen if I hadn't broken into your house. Just be thankful that I wasn't aloud to go out much as a teenager."

I covered myself with more blankets as I sat in bed and pulled Val closer to me. I was still breathing hard from the climb up the roof. "You okay hun?" Val pushed my bangs away from my face.

"Fine, just got a little carried away I guess. I can't wait to tell the guys that you lost a race to a pregnant women." I laughed and tried to push the pain out of my head.

"Not funny..Are you sure you're okay? Want me to get anything for you while I'm up?" he stood up and lifted his white shirt over his head. "Uhh..yeah there's some lotion in the bathroom that I need to rub on my stomach."

I watched Val's perfectly toned body walk into the bathroom, "What color bottle is it in?" he asked. "I think it's blue and white." I heard things fall on the floor and cupboards open and close loudly, "Found it!" he raced back into the room and jumped onto the bed next to me.

I lifted my shirt up past the round bump on my stomach, holding my hand out for the lotion. "Here I got it, if you don't mind." he rubbed his hands together. "No go ahead." I yawned.

The cool lotion felt good on my, now warm stomach. I drifted off slowly, after Val kissed my forehead, "Sweet dreams hunaja." I heard him from a distance as my dreaming began about what was to come tomorrow.

6 comments:

Tay Tay said...

Ah! Yes! Yes! Yes!

My life is complete now that you have finally written a chapter :p haha

Can't wait for the wedding chapter Eep!

Krystie said...

Well look who is finally writing. Lol. So I loved it and I can't wait to read more. Gone with ya bad self girl!

♥Madi said...

awe, super cute (:

11 followers?! luckyy, haha
HEY EVERYBODY CHECK OUT MY STORY ALL OR NOTHING. k thanks (:

NeverEndingDreamer said...

Omg YEAH!!! You finally started writting again. I'm so happy. I can't wait to read more. Update soon!!

♥Morgan said...

Thanks girls!! =]

..lol I'm laughing at my word verification thing, it's 'Wings' haha yes! =P

NeverEndingDreamer said...

You have to update soon, the wait it killing me.