Sunday, March 1, 2009

Finnish Wonder Part 44

The next three weeks we were really busy planning everything out for the wedding, but for the most part everything was taken care of. We even set the date for when Val had the Stanley Cup, just to make the day even more special.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket while Val and I were out cake testing. I opened it quickly, "Hello?" I answered, not looking at the collar ID first.

"Hi hun! How's everything going over there?" My Dad's voice rang into my ear.

"It's going." I laughed as Val wiped frosting on my nose. "How have you been? Everything's fine I hope."

"Yeah, everything is good. The cup is going to be here soon so I was just wondering if you were still coming or not."

"Of course! I'll get on the plane first thing in the morning."

"Alright hun, take care. Can't wait to see you." he hung up the phone.

I finally wiped the frosting off of my nose, then smeared it on Val's cheek.

"Hey!" he grabbed me by the waste and pinned me against him, "I'll get you back for that." he kissed me gently.

"We'll see about that." I smiled.

"So who was that on the phone?" he grabbed my hand as we walked out of the cake shop after making our choice.

"My Dad. I have to go to the party tomorrow, he has the cup."

"Well I'm coming too then."

"Val, I'll be fine. Just enjoy it here while it lasts."

"No, I want to go. All the guys are going to be there, I miss not seeing them everyday ya know?"

"Ok, but we have to leave right in the morning."

Later on that night Val and I packed our suitcases lightly since we would only be staying two nights in Canada at the most. We needed to head back to Finland as soon as possible to get things ready for the wedding.

We boarded the plane in the morning as planned, Val switched seats with me, letting me have the window seat. He pointed out buildings below as we flew over Finland. I quickly fell asleep leaning on his shoulder, but woke up when he put his hands on my stomach.

"Sorry." he moved his hands back to his lap. I grabbed them and put them back on my stomach, falling asleep for the rest of the trip.

Val shook me lightly just before we landed, he knew that I loved watching the touchdown. We walked into the airport and got our bags off of the track, then found my Dad outside waiting in the car.

When we arrived at the Draper family house Val and I dropped our bags off in my old room, then joined the party in the back yard. Pretty much all the guys were there except Dom, Huds, and Kopy.

It only took about a half an hour of mingling before my Dad announced to everyone that Val and I were having a baby. Of course I had told him that he could, but it was a little embarrassing. After that I was getting tired of hearing things like, "Oh, you're showing already!" and "Those kids are sure going to be spoiled." The party ended pretty late, making me relieved when it finally did.

The next day My Dad was taking the cup to the children's hospital, so Ronnie and I went along too. I met some extraordinary kids, taking pictures with all of them. I held a little girl named Katelyn as we watched my Dad and a little boy play air hockey. My Dad let him win, which made the kid's smile a mile long. Katelyn had become attached to me, even letting me color in her favorite coloring book. Before we left I gave her my home address and email address so she could write me.

After we left the hospital we went back to the house. I found Val outside playing with the dog by the pond, "Hey hun, we're back." I yelled from the porch.

He got up quickly, running towards me and picking me up, kissing me. "How was it?" he asked, still holding me.

"It was awesome."

"Good, so you want to go for a walk?" he finally set me down.

"Sure." I grabbed his hand as we enjoyed the rest of our time in Canada.

5 comments:

Tay Tay said...

SO SWEET!

I cannot wait for the wedding chapter... please update soon!

By the way, do you talk on the talk-sports forum?

♥Morgan said...

Thanks, but I've been in sort of a writers block lately. so frustrating.

and yeah I do talk on there.

Tay Tay said...

So, I'm not too sure how this whole comments flood is going to work out, but I thought I would be the first one to officially start it :) ha

COMMENT FLOOD! STARTING... NOW!

NeverEndingDreamer said...

OMG I love you stories. You are such a talented writer and you have to post a new chapter like soon. Or I will die. haha

Sissy said...

OH I WILL JOIN THE FLOOD!!! =]

LOL by the way...I LOVE this story. I think that's why we are flooding... =]